With the holidays approaching quickly, New Morning Market wants you to be prepared! We worked with our vendors to secure extra low pricing for your holiday needs, and not only are we passing the savings on, we’re fighting inflation by discounting select pantry items even more from October 5 – October 25th. Shop your holiday pantry needs from October 5 – October 25 and not only will you save 15% on select products, you’ll avoid the crowds and ensure you get your favorite staples early on.
Avoid those last minute grocery runs to the store this year by shopping our Holiday Pantry Prep Sale October 5th – October 25th and get the goods you need to enjoy your holiday season EARLY. Shop our designated pantry sale section for details, recipes and savings!
Check out other pantry tips below!
Tips on How to Prep Your Pantry for the Holidays
From baking basics like sugar, flour and cinnamon spice to canned goods like chicken broth and canned pumpkin, we’ll help with some tips to keep you prepared and organized. Stock up with what you need, when you see it, during the holidays!
- First Step – Take an inventory!
It’s important to go through your pantry and take an inventory of what you have and how much you have of each item. When you clean out your pantry, you often find hidden or even expired items you need to get rid of. Knowing what you have is half the battle. In addition to baking basics like flour, don’t forget to check all the spices as well. Often you’ll find low levels and not realize you are almost out of a spice.
2. Make a list of what you plan to make this season
If every year you make your grandmother’s gingerbread cookie recipe for the entire neighborhood, then definitely reference the recipe and add it to your list of needs. Planning to host a holiday gathering? Know the basics of what you’ll need and add them to your list. It’s always a little better to have some extra of the key classics.
Here are some classic holiday items to have on hand for this season:
- Baking Needs: Flour, Almond Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Powdered Sugar, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Spices, Cocoa, Chocolate Chips, Peppermint, Melting Chocolate, Marshmallows, Natural Food Coloring, Frosting, Nuts, Honey, Molasses, Whipped Cream, Pie Filling, Pie Crusts, Rolled Oats, Milk, Heavy Whipping Cream, Eggs, and Butter
- Dried/Fresh Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Tarragon, Coriander, Basil, Mint, Oregano
- Spices: Cloves, All Spice, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Spice, Cocoa
- Canned/Boxed Staples: Chicken/Beef Stock, Vegetable Stock, Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Pepper Jelly, Stuffing Mix, Bread Crumbs, Assorted Crackers, Condensed Milk, Canned Vegetables, Evaporated Milk, Honey, Olive Oil and Vegetable Oil
- Frozen: Cranberries, Veggie Mix, Pie Crusts, Whipped Topping, and Rolls
- Refrigerated: Cinnamon Rolls
- Supplies: Twine, Foil, Plastic Wrap, Cupcake Liners, Parchment Paper, Baster, Thermometer, Rolling Pin, Foil Pans, Labels, Toothpicks, Thermometer, and Mason Jars
*Keep the checklist somewhere visible for a few days (like on the refrigerator) & add items as they come to mind (or remove items as needs change!)*
3. Head to the store and check off as you go!
If you arrive at the store with an organized shopping list, you can shop faster and more efficiently. Before you leave, think about the store layout and cater your list to what areas you’ll shop first. Divide the shopping list by department (produce, grocery, bakery, meat/seafood etc.) so you can easily check off items as you shop within those departments. (This also helps limit impulse shopping for items not on your list!) It’s also a good idea to note the sale offerings and star those items on your list so you can look for those items as you shop. (The online sales flyer is a great tool for this!) And don’t forget to time your shopping to coincide with The Holiday Pantry Prep Sale! at New Morning Market running from October 5th – October 25th. An easy way to give yourself the biggest savings for all your holiday needs, plus a very big head start!