Join the Good Food Life Today!
Interested in helping people nurture themselves, their families and their communities in a healthy and sustainable way? Love building relationships with customers and the community? Then New Morning Market is the place for you!
Feel Good About The Work You Do!
Help provide a culture of belonging where differences are valued and celebrated. Help your team and customers become their authentic self and thrive in an open-minded environment with a supportive culture. We strive for a team and product offering that represents goodness and the diverse communities and guests we serve. Help be a part of that mission!
Our crew is a family that embodies the mission.
We’ve gathered a community of holistic health professionals who share a vision of how to live a healthful, wholesome and sustainable life. We feel it’s our mission to pass that on to our customers in everything we do. Our team has grown to over 100 thoughtful, dedicated, and food-loving employees and that feels like family.
We offer competitive benefits.
- Competitive wages and benefits including 401k match
- 25% discount for full-time employees
- Full-time and part-time flexibility
- Benefit plan including health, dental & vision insurance
- Great career opportunities & training
Meet Our Team
“I love putting the best organic produce in the customers hands, especially local. Sharing stories with them about the product when I can. Creating eye catching displays to get them excited about the product. And being part of a whole store that cares about the community.”
“I get the opportunity to learn something new about food each and every day, even after being here for 18 years! It’s lovely to work for humans who actually truly care about the world at large, who strive to make the world a better place by using their dollars to support local farms, and organic practices.”
“It’s less of a job in a store and more of a lifestyle that I will carry with me forever. Aside from meeting so many of my life-long friends for the first time at New Morning, the success and professionalism of this institution has also helped me develop strong business skills, knowledge and connection with the ever-growing natural food industry, and an overall understanding of the entire health, wellness and natural medicine field.”
– Justin, Wellness
DO NOTE DELETE
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Salary Range: $14-17/hr
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SEASONAL/SUMMER POSITION
The Juice Bar section of the New Morning Cafe serves all organic juices, smoothies, wheatgrass, specialty coffee, and tea. We also have kombucha on tap, and serve as a wealth of knowledge for customers who are looking to get healthy or make environmentally sustainable choices. We seek aspiring baristas with a desire to build relationships and deliver outstanding customer experiences. The atmosphere is fun, fast-paced, and academic. All baristas are taught how to brew and serve specialty coffee and are responsible for understanding and communicating flavor profiles, extraction rates, and strength when talking about coffee. While experience is helpful we are also looking for the right fit — we want candidates that are passionate about coffee, whole-food smoothies and juices, the natural food industry, and sharing their passion with others.
- Passion for food and beverage service
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, think quickly on your feet, and work independently or in teams
- Attention to detail and high standards of excellence
- Outgoing and engaging personality with the ability to create excitement around our products
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule including working nights, weekends, and having a variable schedule
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as communicated by the Beverage and Counter Leads
- Provides excellent customer service, creating an environment where the customer comes first
- Prepare and serve brewed and espresso coffee drinks, teas, juices, and smoothies
- Maintains a high level of product quality by adhering to all New Morning recipes and drink quality standards
- Keeps work area clean at all times, ensuring a sanitary and orderly work environment for drink preparation
- Daily sales and cash register operation
- Work with team members to keep the entire cafe operation running smoothly
- Maintains extensive knowledge of New Morning Market products and suggestively sells when appropriate
Salary Range: $16-22/hr
- Exhibit proficient meat cutting skills including grinding, handling, cutting and proper storage.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking.
- Arrange and restock products to ensure quality, accuracy, and product rotation to ensure freshness and quality.
- Handle and cut a variety of the department’s specialty meats and seafood throughout the day and maintain quality product levels.
- Follow department practices regarding the cutting and breaking down of meat and seafood products.
- Prepare, mix, and assemble fresh ingredients for recipes. Including marinating, seasoning, cutting, or grinding beef, poultry, lamb, steak, pork, and seafood.
- Monitor temperature of cases, shelves, and storage areas. Follow established maintenance and sanitation procedures for coolers and freezers.
- Provide excellent customer service to all store patrons in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow policy and procedures to maintain accuracy within the department.
- Anticipate customer needs and provide service in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Skillset to work independently yet build relationships effectively working as part of a team.
- Enjoys sharing knowledge about department offerings.
- Assist customers with questions and product selection by suggestive selling.
- Open to working flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in natural/organic foods preferred.
Salary Range: $15-17/hr
Prepare food from established menus and/or custom requests in a timely manner with a focus on quality and presentation, adhering to established recipes. Bring the highest standards of conscientious food production, consistency of product during both in-house preparation and during catering production.
- Manage food production for the grill area. Prepare breakfast offerings, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, and more with premium organic ingredients.
- Able to work with any and all products required to satisfy the production list as directed including meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruits, dairy, nuts and grains.
- Understand and recognize quality ingredients and use them efficiently.
- Understand and practice standard FIFO procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
- ServeSafe certified is a plus but not required.
Cheese & Specialty Gourmet Lead
Salary Range: $15-18/hr
Support New Morning Market’s specialty foods vision by keeping well-informed on the latest consumer and supply trends, and keeping the department’s product mix appealing, current and relevant through strategic and creative purchasing. This position also ensures a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Must have the ability to examine products for quality and freshness and have working knowledge of the major varieties of cheese and related artisanal products.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of cheeses and related artisanal products, according to specific product requirement.
- Check deliveries for damage, quality and accuracy, and note discrepancies on invoice as needed.
- Responsible for receiving orders for quality control.
- Set the highest standards in quality for products sold and ensure that best practices for culling, storage and display are met.
- Develop information regarding safe handling and cutting practices
- Maintain back stock in good order and ensure proper rotation
- Ensure that retail and back stock areas are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Maintain department equipment in working order.
- Participate in inventory counts and price change projects.
Grocery Stocker - FT or PT
Full Time or Part Time
Salary Range: $14-16/hr
Pease note this is not a seasonal/summer position
- Ensure product selection accuracy by rotating products, removing damaged or out-of-date stock, and checking codes.
- Manage grocery items to consistently provide in an in-stock, on-the-shelf, fully-fronted position with special attention paid to high-volume products and product categories as well as end-caps, special displays and items on sale.
- Provide excellent customer service to all store patrons.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Open to working flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in natural/organic foods, grocery or retail preferred.
Dishwasher FT or PT
Full Time or Part Time
Salary Range: $14-16/hr
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks as assigned.
- Ensures dishes and cookware are sanitized and available as needed.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Cleans and sanitizes service area and kitchen throughout shift.
- Assist in the maintenance of the floors, shelves and products of the department in accordance with a daily and weekly maintenance schedule.
- Ensures retail floor utility needs are met and maintained daily, based on task checklists.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Evening/weekend availability required
Cashier Shift Lead
Salary Range: $15-17/hr
Supervise and coordinate activities of cashiers such as: assigning duties, scheduling rest periods and meal breaks and some input in the preparation of performance reviews. Oversee the daily workflow of cashiers and courtesy clerks. Must be prepared to make quick decisions that will be satisfactory to customers and beneficial to the company. Skilled at identifying and correcting cash register errors and taking measures to ensure that further errors do not happen.
Don’t see an opening that is a good fit? You can still apply and we’ll keep your resume on file for 6 months.