Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
A twist on loaded baked potatoes, our vegan baked sweet potatoes with garlicky greens and crispy curry chickpeas hit all the notes. Served with a tangy coconut-lime crema and fresh herbs, these baked spuds are a meal in themselves but could also work as a satisfying side.
Prep time: 25 min.
Cook time: 1 h
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2-3 small leeks
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (or 1 bag frozen chard)
- 2 15.5 oz cans chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- High heat cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro and/or parsley + lime wedges for garnish
For Coconut-Lime Crema:
- 4 oz. plain coconut yogurt (try Cocojune!)
- 2 tsp. tahini
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
Meanwhile, rinse, drain and dry chickpeas. Toss with 2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 4 tsp. curry powder and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add to oven and bake until crispy (about 45 minutes).
- Prep vegetables. Trim leeks and slice lengthwise. De-stem chard leaves. Cut leeks and stems in ¼ in. slices. Cut chard greens into 1 in. ribbons. Mince garlic. Heat 2 tsp. oil in Dutch oven or saute pan with lid on low heat. Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes, before adding stems and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add chard, stir and cover. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered.
To make the coconut-lime crema, combine yogurt, tahini, the juice of 1 lime, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Assemble loaded sweet potatoes! Slice baked sweet potatoes lengthwise. Stuff with greens and crispy chickpeas. Served with a dollop of coconut-lime crema, fresh cilantro or parsley, and a wedge of lime.
Alex Grant is New Morning Market’s own resident seafood expert with not only years of experience taking care of customers like you, but a lifetime of experience enjoying and perfecting family recipes. This holiday season he is sharing his family’s Oven Baked Branzino...
Garrett Valley Farms goes the extra mile to ensure our products are all natural to its truest definition. That means always free of antibiotics, nitrates, nitrites, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Ingredients 3-5 lbs. Garett Valley corned beef...
We love these fudgy, decadent, refined sugar-free brownies. The secret ingredient? Sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes give these brownies an extra fudgy texture and add just the right amount of sweetness. Sweet Potato Brownies* Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free,...